My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Online Calorie Counter

Monday, January 03, 2011

Back to What I Call Normal


Here it is, Monday.

A new year, new week, new day. I find myself motivated and ready to take on the challenges that lie ahead of me. I was up at 4:30am, (I didn’t know there was such a time), got my exercise in, laundry is going and even Ellie got up with us. Paul is on his way to work after his vacation, and Ellie is ready for school. The funniest of all…the dogs are so confused. They are looking at me like “ah mom? aren’t we supposed to be back in bed?”

But, today is day 3 of my “I will make it happen” challenge. I am still sore from the last couple of days, but not enough to quit. I am doing homework with some others on goals and priorities. Writing a journal is not bad, but the one part, the documentation of my food intake is the hard one. This will be the hardest thing for me to do. I know it will get easier as I go along, but it will be done. I’m in this for life. A real life change journey without the diet pills or fad diets. I have learned from experience that they don’t work. Eating nutritious food, whole foods, lowering the red meat and more vegetables are what it’s all about. I think this was the first time I came through Meijer without pop, chips, crackers…no junk at all. I think the cashier even looked at me every time she rang up more vegetables. I know what she was thinking, something on the line of “here is someone else with a New Year Resolution”. If she only knew…. if she could only witness what my life change is all about.

Till tomorrow, my story continues…

www.beachbodycoach.com/gmagettingfit

No comments: